Sunday 29 April 2007

Fresh start + 1 week

Still healthy! I started the week pretty easy, doing barely an hour a day, coughing up half my lungs as soon as I started working at all. I had no strength what so ever, and got over-taken by some old dear carrying her weekly tesco's shop, this didn't deter me, I was in the fresh air and healthy! By Friday I was out with Richard Stannard and Clayton Payne on the bike as in the good old days, I certainly wasn't going to challenge them up the hills but I didn't want to get off and walk and no old ladies with shopping baskets went past me.
I also started my new swim push, Glen Walker reviewed my underwater video analysis and gave some great advice in the pool on Tuesday, taking things totally back to basics. Howard Vine from my club BTS backed up all of Glens findings (which was reassuring) and gave similar clear advice on drills to do. I have a long way to go, but at least now I am bringing my Lat's into play (they certainly ache after each session!). I need to by Richard a beer tonight when we go for a curry (by the way it's my birthday) to get him to video me again next week! Maybe if I advertise his site richardstannard.com it will help me?
As for running, I have been stretching religiously, doing my 10 mins a day cross training on stepper, my physio at Care for Health will be so proud of this post! Today I did my first run, a huge 20 minutes. No pain from my knee so far.
Things are looking up on all fronts. Motivation is back, roll on next week and proper training! Firstly, I got a date with a bottle of kingfisher lager tonight, out of here. Sammy G.

No comments: